2020 LCV market
The UK new light commercial vehicle (LCV) market fell -2.0% in the second month of the year, after two successive months of growth, according to the latest figures released today by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT). February, typically one of the year’s smallest months as many operators wait for the new March number plate, saw 14,103 new units registered.
Pickups and small vans weighing less than 2.0 tonnes experienced double-digit declines, with registrations down -10.1% and -11.1% respectively. Mid-size vans weighing 2.0-2.5 tonnes, however, bucked the trend, with demand growing 9.3%. Larger vans weighing more than 2.5-3.5 tonnes made up the bulk of registrations, but were down -2.8%, with 9,082 units registered. Year-to-date, however, the overall market remains ahead by 2.8% in the same period in 2019, bolstered by a strong January when almost 24,000 new models hit UK roads.
Best selling LCVs (<3.5 t) - January and February 2020
1. Ford Transit Custom - 5047 registered
2. Ford Transit - 3019 registered
3. Vauxhall Vivaro - 2515 registered
4. Mercedes-Benz Sprinter - 2288 registered
5. Ford Transit Connect - 2121 registered
6. Peugeot Partner - 1936 registered
7. Citroen Berlingo - 1887 registered
8. Volkswagen Transporter - 1586 registered
9. Vauxhall Combo - 1424 registered
10. Ford Ranger - 1401 registered